Friday, June 17, 2011

Engaging THE FOUR HOUR WORK WEEK - Week 1

While on vacation, read “The Four Hour Work Week” by Timothy Ferriss and tabbed the heck out of it. Looks like a rainbow exploded on the book. Here’s how I tabbed it:
Yellow - Do as soon as I get home
Blue - Work on over the next month or so. Some involves waiting until my freshly filmed Dr. Seuss Stories are edited and online (so there’s a “demo” for people to look at).
Green - Summary pages
Purple - Take note
Pink or Red - Good stuff on these pages.

Trying to use online networking groups hasn’t actually landed me a gig and resulted in too much time in email. The book gave me another method, and talked about ways to spend 10-30 minutes a day on email. Sounds glorious!
I came home to 2000 emails. This was a combination of:
1 - The usual
2 - Result of sending my Newsletter while on vacation
3 - Email from networking sites, news, and updates.

I started Monday afternoon. By the end of Thursday night I had 22, and about half of those were a few “post-Newsletter-sending” items.

Cool. So far, so good. Next week, I plan to test the Virtual Assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment