Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nothing Like A Tsunami Threat On A Show Day

I performed my Dr. Seuss Stories show somewhere on the W. Coast for a special group (and I’m being vague on purpose). Got up early (had a few hours of travel and wanted to be sure to arrive in plenty of time). Turned on the news, and heard “Earthquake in Japan. Tsunami warning for America’s West Coast.”
I said a very bad word and quickly checked the internet to see just how much of a threat it’d be for the area I was performing. Nothing appeared, and fortunately, my performance was after the tsunami would be after it hit. Let my agent and the person who hired me know I was proceeding as planned.
It wasn’t a problem. The audience was smaller than I was told it would be, but they were appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment